We’re just taking a bit of time to give some well deserved love to our cleaning and restoartion studio.
Hand woven rugs are more than just a home accessory that add colour and dynamism to your room, they are family heirlooms that can rise in value if they are properly maintained. We boast a fully trained rug maintenance studio that provides a complete range of cleaning, repair and maintenance services.
Our team have been repairing rugs for more than 30 years. We have been facilitating the repair of all types of precious and antique rugs and kilims. We are committed to providing the highest standard of craftsmanship and customer service to all of our clients no matter the size, shape or value of your rug.
We are also determined to help you know the best manner of caring for your rug so that you can avoid any damage to your rug over time. If your rug looks great now, we want it to keep its vivid colours and patterns for years to come. We have a reputation for providing superior rug repair services that can rectify any minor issues with your rug.
Before we repair any rug, we undertake a thorough analysis and inspection of the rug so that we can provide a tailored treatment. We always provide clear and detailed information about the processes that we are going to follow.
We find that most customers have their rugs damaged because of improper vacuuming, pets pulling the fringes, lack of cleaning, sun damage, foot traffic and moths. Whether your rug has been damaged by a heavy piece of furniture, your family pooch, mildew or moths, we use expert techniques that we are sure will meet your high expectations.
We have mastered the art of repairing rug fringes, as this is normally the first part of Oriental rugs that is damaged.
How Do You Know It’s Time for Professional Repair Services?
Minor damage to your rug will often become a major problem if it’s left unattended, so you shouldn’t wait to get repairs for your rugs. Here are some signs your carpet could need repair.
- Stains: Some stains can become large over time, and they’re often hard to remove on your own.
- Wear: Your rug could have thin spots, fraying, or holes.
- Bad smells: Excess moisture can lead to mold and mildew, creating unpleasant musty odours in your home. You’ll need to have your rug cleaned as soon as possible to keep the smell from spreading.
- Allergies or asthma: Mold, dirt, dust, and other contaminants in your rugs can cause allergy or asthma symptoms such as sneezing, runny noses, sore throats, coughing, rashes, or eye irritation.
- Old padding: The padding under your rug can become flattened, uneven, or wrinkled over time.
An old rug: Most rugs last for about 10 years. After that, you may need to get fading, wear, or other problems repaired.
We hope you found this useful & remember our cleaning service collections are also free of charge, no matter how big or small.